Why Is Your Teen Skin So Out of Control?!?
Taking care of teenage skin can sometimes feel like an impossible task. No matter what you do, another unwanted red dot appears. During a time when appearances seem to matter more than ever before, finding an “esthetician near me” can be the heaven-sent answer you’ve been searching for.
At The Hair Studio, we get it. Teenage skin is not fun, but rest assured, we’re here to help you every step of the way!
If you’ve never heard of the t-zone, this is a term you’ll be all too familiar with before you know it! Referring to the forehead, nose, and chin, the t-zone is the area most prone to pimples. Why? Well, because many of the oil-producing glands are located in this area, and during the fun teenage years, your hormones are super busy making a lubricating oil known as sebum.
You can thank them later.
Figuring out your skin types
As if t-zones and oil-producing hormones aren’t enough to deal with, you also need to determine your skin type. By doing so, you’ll be that much more in the know on what your skin needs. No one person is alike, and neither is your skin. Your body is doing its own thing right now, daring you to keep up. So, don’t let it get the better of you. Below are the skin type categories and what they mean:
- NORMAL: Well-balance. Probably not happening right now, or you wouldn’t be reading this article.
- DRY: Just like it says, your skin is lacking moisture and probably peeling, flaky, or itchy.
- COMBINATION: A little bit dry, a little bit oily, maybe some balance – your skin just doesn’t know what it wants to do right now. Combo skin is one of the most common and often needs different care routines for different areas of the t-zone.
- OILY: Excessive shine throughout the day caused by the overproduction of sebum.
- SENSITIVE: If you’ve had reactions to fragrance, dyes, and certain chemicals, your skin type is probably sensitive.
What you can do about it
Now that you have a better understanding of what’s going on, it’s time to take control. One of the most primary needs of your skin is water. Drink your water! Every day, all. But don’t stop there. You also need to establish a skincare routine built for your type of skin. If you’re not sure where to begin, schedule an appointment with your favorite team of estheticians who will assess and recommend the perfect regimen!
If you’re tired of battling with unruly skin, it’s time to contact our team at The Hair Studio. Our team of experienced estheticians has the knowledge and skills your teenage skin requires (and deserves)! But, don’t waste time searching for an “esthetician near me,” give us a call today. When you call, be sure to ask about our teen facial, specialized just for your teenage skin!
Schedule your appointment by calling The Hair Studio at (508) 234-7113.